Kernel Bug Triage - Join Us

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 18:39:11 UTC 2007

My dear Fedorites,

For the past week now I have been trawling through all open Fedora 7 kernel
bug reports, assigning bugs here and there and generally
irritating^D^D^D^Dhelping out various developers involved with the kernel to
identify issues which will prevent Fedora 8 from being the unparalleled
success we all know it will be.

People have now started replying to my requests for information and my pace
has therefore slowed somewhat. Time is of the essence however development
freeze for the kernel is still some way off so there is still a window of
opportunity in which the thorny nettle may be grasped. Currently there are
about 1600 open bugs against the kernel which is just too many.

The positive points of Kernel Bug Triaging:

- You don't have to be a kernel hacker to work here (but it helps!). I'm
not.
- You learn lots about the kernel and of course, bugzilla.
- People are generally nice to you when you try to help out with their woes.
- You make a difference, fix things upstream and we get one step closer to
winning $YOUR_PERSONAL_BATTLE
- PROFIT!!!

Here is all you need to get started:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelBugTriage

If you find something you need an answer on something then really clever
people can be found here:

#fedora-kernel

Join Us!

Cheers