An especially raw rawhide? (nmh and audio)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 15:04:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:42:18 -0600
lwn-ft at lwn.net (Jonathan Corbet) wrote:

> % getfacl /dev/snd/*
> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> # file: dev/snd/controlC0
> # owner: root
> # group: root
> user::rw-
> group::rw-
> other::rw-
>
> ...and it goes on in that vein forever.  Who is supposed to be setting
> those ACLs?

I think this is an selinux policy issue we just found yesterday.  If
you boot with 'enforcing=0' as a kernel argument does it get better?
This will put selinux into a permissive state from the very get go,
instead of relying upon the config file to adjust it at some point
during boot.  I just had to do this to get pulseaudio functional for me
as well.

--
Jesse Keating