rawhide i386 live image available

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Sep 27 00:37:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 01:58:37PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 13:26 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:00:58PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > less: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libncursesw.so.5:
> > invalid ELF header
>
> Hrmm... I haven't seen this.  Any errors in dmesg?

Yes, it seems that I'm getting read errors on the CD.

> > 2. I have a question about the "Test media and boot Live CD" option.
> > It appears to boot the kernel, then test the image before booting up
> > all the way.  I ran this option and had to leave my desk.  When I got
> > back, the desktop was already up and running.  How do I see what the
> > result of the media test was?
>
> If it continued, then the check succeeded.  If it fails, then you get
> prompted and hvae to press enter if you really want to continue

Ok, but this fails:

dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 count=$(($(isosize /dev/cdrom)/2048)) | sha1sum

It always seems to fail on the last sector:

dd: reading `/dev/cdrom': Input/output error
355594+0 records in
355594+0 records out

It seems that this IBM ThinkPad Ultrabay CD/DVD drive is flakey, but
why does it always fail on the last sector?  I used "cdrecord
rawhide-i386-Live-20070925.iso" on an F7 system to burn it, and the
same sha1sum test above always succeeds on that system.