F9 Beta networking problem

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Apr 1 12:14:42 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> This is on old hardware, and I need to set up networking via a Netgear PCMCIA
> Model FA411.  This worked with FC6, so I presume it's just a matter of
> knowing how to identify it to system-config-network.  Can anyone help,
> please?
>
> Anne

Things are moving towards NetworkManager these day's
You might wanna try turning of NetworkManager (  from cli service
NetworkManager stop )
and then restart the network daemon ( service network restart )
That is if does not work with NetworkManager

Think I came across conflicts between them with either beta or alpha in
runlevel 3 ( many testing and installs ago.. )

What are the logs saying?

Best regards
                  Johann B.