first AMD64-bit install ...Beta

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Apr 1 22:29:22 UTC 2008

Great job with the Beta. My only problem encountered when installing was
that after checking the disc media with passed, pressing continue gave
the blank error message and ejected the disc.
Booting up again and bypassing the disc check allowed things to proceed
without problems.

Items that I did not like were the absence of the setting up boot
preference. Of course the default packages are always lacking
applications that I use, so retrieval after the initial install of these
packages was needed.

Things are much faster on this 64 bit Compaq. Nvidia driver of course is
an inconvienience.

Jim