An internal system error has occured

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Apr 4 17:25:22 UTC 2008

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:42:45 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> -----
>> An internal system error has occured
>>
>> Do not show this notification again
>> -----
>>
>> Is what I see on the F9 Desktop in the bottom right corner.
>> Looks like PackageKit, whose icon appeared a short time before
>> that.
>
> This is likely related to NetworkManager messing up the network
> connection. In Anaconda, I asked for eth0 to be brought up via
> DHCP. This choice is ignored. Both eth0 and eth1 are brought up
> also with zeroconf values in a very stubborn way, and I need to
> ifdown/ifup eth0 manually before DNS and network access work.

This also shows up if something else has yum locked at the time.  If I am
doing updates via yumex before packagekit wakes up, it will crap out with
this message.  (I use yumex because I can apply the updates in smaller
chunks.  When you have a crappy wireless connection and 500+megs of
updates, breaking then up helps.)