F9 and selinux

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 5 13:09:06 UTC 2008

On Saturday 05 April 2008 12:59, Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Saturday 05 April 2008 12:07:11 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I gave up on the beta install as I couldn't get anything working at all.
> > My network settings wouldn't stick, and despite the fact that
> > system-config-keyboard showed that I was on a UK keyboard, I was still
> > getting US configuration.  Every attempt to change it resulted in an AVC.
> > Every attempt to run the required selinux restorcon commands resulted in
> > a failure, saying that the file or directory did not exist.
>
> The keyboard problem I haven't sorted out yet and it's really annoying
> having to look at the keys all the time. It seems to ignore i18n.

I've realised now that in konsole I have UK, but in kwrite I h ave US.  I'm
not finding configuration changes for kde anything like as easy as in
kcontrol.  That's probably familiarity, but not, for instance, having the
ability to switch quickly between modules without having to resort to a fresh
menu entry is frustrating.

> > I installed the kde live CD, only to find that I have the same problems.
> > I can't remember the command to relabel everything, but it seems to me
> > that that's the best bet.  Can someone please prompt me?
>
> fixfiles relable
>
> But that won't sort out anything. Been there done that.
>
> Otherwise it looks like a good distribution ;-(

Hopefully :-)

Anne