64 Rawhide install floods network

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Apr 6 04:02:02 UTC 2008

Saturday's Rawhide NFS install was proceeding at a snail's pace.
After 6-8 hours only 2/3 of the packages had been installed
on my Intel DG33BU based system.  Until lately NFS installs
on this machine had been responsive and fast (or not at all).

My wife complained that she couldn't run internet or email
apps on a compaq laptop which accesses my subnet via wifi.

I stopped the Rawhide install.  Voila.  All was well at Caddyshack.
As I write this, the same Rawhide is installing on an older AMD
machine without obvious problems other than the Anaconda X server
still not working.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665