Bad rendering FF beta 5

trife22 at sbcglobal.net trife22 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 6 15:21:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 13:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
Steven I Usdansky <usdanskys at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Checking out my local weather with the most recent Firefox3 beta 5
> build, I get
>  http://soleil.nfldinet.com/~rockdoctor/bad_rendering.png
> I believe it was fine a week ago - I'm not sure when it went bad. Any
> ideas?

I'm glad someone brought this up. Firefox on Linux has many issues for me. Foxnews and CNN have about 10 rendering issues between them. overlapping text, terrible pixelation on thumbnails.
here is the difference between Firefox and Epiphany
Epiphany 2.20
http://i29.tinypic.com/246302s.jpg

Firefox b5
http://i27.tinypic.com/nd0b4n.jpg

Notice how bad the photos look and the firefox one is missing the last sentences under the pics? I'm not using adobe or d/l any java. this is all rawhide. I pressed ctrl + 0 to set everything default. I dont know what the default font sizes should be but that shouldn't matter anyway.

I'm also disappointed most sites i visit only use half my screen by placing all content in the middle with 2-3 inches of whitespace on each side, but i guess that has to do with the site not being made for widescreen laptops, anything i can do to to use all my laptop realestate?

--
 <trife22 at sbcglobal.net>