Upgrade to ext4, how?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:51:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like test ext4 on my rawhide install, but do not want to do a new
install. Is there a way to upgrade my system partition
(/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00) to ext4 without breaking things? I tried
editing /etc/fstab to use ext4dev (ext4 at first) but computer stopped
booting with newer kernels (those that had initrd generated after the
fstab change...).

If not, then I'd perhaps be willing to do a new installation, but only
via Live Desktop Spin. Is that supported?

Thanks,
Martin