F9 Test Request - swfdec

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 22:34:49 UTC 2008

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 03:11:58PM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
>> And... all that needs to be done is wget the adobe repo, and yum install
>> flash-plugin, and the system is up and running with adobe flash while
>> swfdec is installed.  I see no negative in providing something that
>> partially works and pointing out in release notes that some flash support
>> will require proprietary flash.  I've been using adobe flash installed with
>> swfdec as well and there is no problem with that.
>
> Actually, you don't even need adobe anymore.  Just some gstreamer
> plugins from that "other" repo.

I have them, and many codecs still play incorrectly (glitchy sound, dropped
frames), stop half way, or fail to load multiple copies (videos loading in
multiple tabs) using swfdec.  Adobe flash fixes that with the same codecs installed.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29