nv driver

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:30:04 UTC 2008

2008/4/12, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:

> Antonio M wrote:
>
> > With latest driver
> > xorg-x11-drv-nv 2.1.8-1.fc9
> >
> > when I try to change resolution of screen by system-config-display
> > something
> > goes wrong...
> >
> > 1) when I start system-config-display, system-config-display is very
> > slow,
> > and it says that I have a resolution of 800x600 (that is not true..),
> > and it
> > stops any application for a while. and I get the system-config-display
> > screen on a black screen
> >

> I don't see this slowness or black screen with nv.  Also s-c-d properly
> detects my current resolution at 1280x1024 and my monitor/graphics card as
> well.
>
>  2) if I change to 800x600 and I re-login I get an ugly screen with
> > rounded
> > small window..
> >

> Run it in a terminal and see if you get any output that suggests where the
> blame should be -- its not clear which is causing the problem.  The slowness
> and resolution detection being wrong is probably s-c-d, but resulting in a
> black screen and screwy UI sounds like something with nv/X.  I'd file it
> against s-c-d probably since thats what triggers the problem anyway.
>
> --
> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
>  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300
> BF29
>
> --

Andrew

latest updates are a mess..

If I switch to nouveau driver, system crashes at start-up. with a list of
errors....
But furthermore yumex is not working any more and I do not remember on any
recent yumex update: if I start yumex in a terminal, it asks for root
password and then idles..
S-c-d when started on a blank screen it shows resolution of 800x600 even if
I am running on 1024x768!!!! and this is my xorg.conf file.
Buttons of mouse are crazy!!!!

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "single head configuration"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"