Intel + hi-res video on rawhide = problems

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:24:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm having hard time trying to sanely play hi-res (meaning with higher
resolution than plain PAL or NTFS; all uses h264 for video) videos on
Rawhide. Xine-based applications all crash with SEGFAULT (I tried totem
and gxine), mplayer works only with X11 and gl2 (this one is terribly
slow, compared to X11 and gl2 on F8) video outputs, only gstreamer based
applications seems to behave decently.

Where might be the problem? I don't mind very much that I am able to
play such videos decently only in totem with gst backend, but I quite
like -ass option for subtitles in mplayer (among others), so I'd
appreciate if this would be fixed. What is the best component(s) to fill
a bug against (at first I thought that the intel driver might be at
fault, but since it works with gstreamer...)? Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Martin