Konsole problem - partially solved

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:54:50 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> After today's updates and a restart the sudo version now works.  Unfortunately
> my preferred 'su -' version still doesn't.

'/bin/su -' by itself should put you into root's environment using root's
preferred shell, which should be bash if you didn't change it.  Trying 'su -
/bin/bash' results in the reply that the user '/bin/bash' does not exist,
because su - <username> is the typical usage (root assumed if empty).

Is there something else you're trying to get done here other than just login as
root?

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29