Rawhide install report - 20080414 (selinux too tight again)

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Tue Apr 15 19:10:58 UTC 2008

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
>>> Here is the audit.log from the affected system, from firstboot to today.
>>> --
>>> G. Wolfe Woodbury
>> You are logging in as hotplug_t?  Which is a mistake.  Could you run
>> fixfiles restore on your machine to see if it is badly mislabeled?
>>
>> # rpm -q selinux-policy
>> # semanage user -l
>> # semanage login -l
>
> There are some strange contexts in /home - relabeling, will check after
> reboot on testbed machine.

Relabeling seems to have cured the incessant AVC reports.  I suspect
that something changed in the SELinux package between the initial setup
of /home and the re-installation (preserving home) that made the system
think that the context was something else.

Does system-config-users need an enhancement to relabel" when a
pre-existing user is re-added to the system?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury