Rawhide trashes 320g drive on format

cloneu2 no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Wed Apr 16 13:21:29 UTC 2008

I have tried over the last week or so to install f9 with a network install.  Everything goes fine until it is time to format the drive. It will start and then at about 15% complete the system just locks.  I have tried the text mode install and at that point the screen just fills with junk.  It is a sata320.  The only way I can fix the drive is to do a f9 beta install over the drive again.  I can't even use gparted (on another f9 install) to reformat the drive with ext3 format.  It will format in fat32.
will the preview release, if it ever comes out, fix this problem?

tia
john

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=257245&topic_id=55359&forum=12#forumpost257245
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame johns at ccdbbs.com.