A question about freenx

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Apr 18 12:57:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 08:07:38AM -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> mike wrote:
> >Excellent - I presume that if you then make a connection to X from the remote
> >machine that if the local user logs in then the remote user will shadow and
> >also
> >control the local user's screen - just like the vnc module allows?
>
> No, I don't think nx permits session "sharing" like vnc. (Maybe there is a way,
> but it isn't the normal configuration).

Is it normal for Linux VNC either?  In Windows yes, you're both using
the same display, but in Linux and BSD, VNC will use display :1 while
the local user is using :0.  Therefore, under normal configuration, I
was under the impression that a local user in X and a VNC user were
using two different desktops.   (I never tried setting it up so that
both were using the same, so I don't know if that's easy or not in
Linux, though it is the default in Windows.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with dead boy on this one.
Angel: Could you not call me that?