GDM auto-login

Dejan Čabrilo dcabrilo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 19:32:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 14:15 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> as root, edit /etc/gdm/gdm-schemas
> and make your changes in this section:
>
> <schema>
>        <key>daemon/TimedLoginEnable</key>

Thanks for the help. This did work out for me, but it's a different
functionality than the one I was looking for.

TimedLogin seems to automatically log in a user every time GDM log in
screen pops up (and can't be interrupted?), while the old functionality
(which existed in parallel to TimedLogin) allowed to automatically log
in a user only on the first GDM start-up after boot, while it presented
a list of choices on all other occurrences of GDM (e.g. after log out).

Thanks again though, this gave me a good start :)

Dejan