Fedora 9 Preview Release - fail

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:04:01 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 15:19 -0500, John Morris wrote:
>> Good grief, did anyone do a test install before releasing this one?
>>
>> First off I tried a basic install in QEMU, just clicking Next to
>> everything.  Total fail.  Anaconda blew up writing the partition table.
>> Is it too much to ask for someone to actually install the defaults
>> before making a release?
>

> *cough* The vast majority of the testing I did, as the person who
> created the release, was in qemu (via kvm).  What was the state of the
> virtual drive before you started the preview install?  Did you capture
> the traceback and file a bug somewhere on it?  Can you reproduce easily?

I just love these posts!!

"I tried to install on my computer and your stuff don't work."

No information about anything. Hardware. Method. Upgrade. Fresh install.
Nothing. Period.

So tell me just how are you 'guys' going to fix this?  ;-)

Seriously, for me, things are coming together. Actually I have had no major
problems. Nothing that was not corrected in a day or so.

IMO? Good work Fedora Team. To all of you. Nice job.
--

   David