F9 PreView Anaconda,XEN, Xorg Problems

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Sun Apr 20 20:18:14 UTC 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 4:32 AM, David M Burgess wrote:
> I've just finished installing the Preview Release on three different
> hardware platforms.
>
> Big problems with them all.
>
> I'm installing on dual core 64 bit hardware"
>
> Lenovo T61p	- dual core Intel
> Asus A7N-M2	- AMD M2
> Sun Ultra20 M2	- AMD Opteron
>
> All the boxes have 2Gig of RAM and SATA drives, each box also has a
> NVidia video card - different one in all three.
>
> When Anaconda gets to part where you configure the network cards eth0
> has no check mark but eth1 does and Anaconda is set to configure
> that by
> default.  A minor problem but still wrong.

You didn't provide any information on the install method you used.
The network interface post configuration screen copies the values used
during network installation.  If you have two NICs, configure eth1 for
network install, and then get to the post config screen, you will see
that eth1 is checked and has the settings you flagged during the
network installation.  eth0 will be unchecked.

But, if you can provide some details on the install method you used,
it would be easier to diagnose.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI