I Guess Gnash doesn't work after all

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:48:37 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Jim wrote:
>>> I installed Gnash in FC9-Preview and it doesn't work on Youtube or
>>> Yahoo, It shows in Firefox as a Flash Plugin.
>>
>> swfdec should work.
>>
> What is swfdec, how does that work, I ain't never heard of it ?

A flash rendering library, see swfdec.freedesktop.org or yum info swfdec, yum
search swfdec will show you the packages.  Supposedly its working well for
youtube for many people (it has some minor issues for me like videos playing
only halfway through).

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29