KDE nightmare

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Thu Apr 24 09:14:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
> > I went to remove the Fedora task manager at bottom left, to put the old
> > Task Manager Widget in place, but it isinsistant at putting it at bottom
> right.
> > the tray and clock went over to the left.
> > Why couldn't they just leave well enough alone.
> > When I do a right click to move widgets on bottom tool bar ,nothing wants
> to move where you want it to go.
>
>  I believe a prior email on this subject said something like 'you have to
> remove them all and start adding again to get them in a certain order',
> something like that.. they float based on the order you add them.

Actually, after the most recent KDE updates, you can move things
around in the panel again. It's a bit clunky -- you have to "start"
and then "stop" the move -- but at least it's there now.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München