Can yum download to a pen-drive?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:56:05 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 21:31:34 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Actually, given that you simply want to check if your PCMCIA thing
> works, couldn't you install with no desktop? I mean delect both Gnome
> and KDE in the install dialogue. That would probably eliminate the audio
> crap, whereupon you would have a bootable console-based system with
> (hopefully) a working network. Then you do a proper install from the
> full set of repos ("yum groupinstall KDE" or whatever).

I got the whole upgrade apart from pulse-audio* and xine* overnight.
Unfortunately it seems to have made no difference at all.  I still can't run
konsole as user, and the PCMCIA card isn't recognised and doesn't work.

I'm running out of time for this.  Anything that isn't done by Sunday evening
is not going to get done.  I'll fill in the bug report update when I get back
this evening.

Anne