Silly question about panel

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:16:16 UTC 2008

2008/4/27 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Sunday 27 April 2008 14:54:43 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>  > I did see the solution. My point was that assuming "most of us" are on
>  > Gnome is a) ingenuous (what data do you base it on? -- any stats I've
>  > seen say it's about 50/50 at best, but these are data for Linux in
>  > general) and b) impolite to the rest of us.
>
>  I read recently that RH surveyed its Enterprise users and was amazed to find
>  that around 50% did use KDE, so you certainly can't assume that "most of us"
>  are using gnome.
>
>  Anne
>
> --

Do you have data also for Fedora? otherwise you use stats for potatoes
for selling oranges :-).
I don't have any stats (and I don't mind about them). My goal is to
have running systems and I am happy that Andrew helped me to solve the
problem (maybe that he assumed Gnome as my desktop as we have been in
contact for a long time....since Fedora 9 was still rawhide).
And I find that Fedora (I have no idea about RH Enterprise) seems to
be going towards Gnome even at installation time (ask any new user
which desktop will choose  when installation is done: I have some
experience in helping new user to install Fedora)
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag