preupgrade

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Wed Apr 30 20:02:53 UTC 2008

I just tried the preupgrade on F9-PR installed on 6GB disk and it
actually failed due to that /boot is too small to download the image
there. There is otherwise only one kernel and initrd.. default anaconda
sizing for /boot.

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                       4.7G  2.5G  2.3G  53% /
/dev/sda1             190M  128M   54M  71% /boot

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 196, in
on_assistant_apply
     self._do_main()
   File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 204, in _do_main
     self.main_preupgrade()
   File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 357, in
main_preupgrade
     stage2file = self.pu.retrieve_non_critical_files()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line
361, in retrieve_non_critical_files
     self._retrieve_file(self.instimage,targetdir)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line
301, in _retrieve_file
     raise PUError, "insufficient space in %s to download %s" % (targetdir,
item_fname)
preupgrade.PUError: insufficient space in /boot/upgrade to download
minstg2.img

Then it just sits on the screen with "Downloading installer stage 2" doing
nothing.

I hope on bigger harddrives the /boot is aslo bigger, but the preupgrade
should check if there is sufficient space anyway.

Adam Pribyl