Upgrading to 10alpha

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 00:58:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:38 PM, John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> What it wants is to download 1.7 Gbytes of stuff. I don't have that much
> free space[1], but mounting a USB drive is possible.

You've left out quite a few details if a 1.7 GB problem requires a 320
GB solution.

> What mount point should I use, and what do I need to copy to the drive
> before mounting it there?

/var/cache/yum
Nothing needs to be copied, unless you wanted to preserve what has
already been downloaded, but "yum clean all" took care of that...

> [1] To solve that properly requires acquiring a drive larger then 320 Gbytes
> and cloning the existing drive - adding a drive isn't possible. F10 has to
> suit me better than F9 does, or I'm more likely to give the space to
> Windows.

I won't even take *that* bait... :-)

jerry

--
"Years of Academy training... wasted!" - Buzz Lightyear