Anaconda crach when upgrading from FC7 to FC9.

Francis SOUYRI francis.souyri at apec.fr
Tue Aug 19 06:42:56 UTC 2008

Hello Michal,

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 08:35:16AM +0200, Francis SOUYRI wrote:
>
>> ... I remember I have a similar problem during an earlier
>> upgrade (FC6 -> FC7 or FC3 -> FC5). I thinks it is necessary to use the
>> same language for an upgrade than the system upgraded.
>>

> Was this reported somewhere?  I would imagine that anaconda should
> at least handle that more gracefully than with a crash; especially
> when Unicode is in use.

I think, I did not reported the problem, because if I remember by
"chance" (hazard) I bypassed the problem using the same language (press
too rapidly an select English Language, I did not want to go back).
> I am not sure if "the same language" is always well defined.  Is
> this something from the current /etc/sysconfig/i18n or the language
> of the original installation?  The later you may not know.

I have the system in En_US.UTF-8, I do the upgrade selecting English and
I do the first install in French (language US + FR with the default US).