KDE 4.1 Panel

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:55:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 16:55 -0400, Jim wrote:
> José Matos wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 August 2008 20:55:50 Jim wrote:
> >
> >> I finally figured that out, but!! , now when I add a clock widget and
> >> move it to the far right, it wants to move it back to the center of
> >> panel, the shaded white box the clock is in is to wide and it won't
> >> allow the clock to stay to the right.
> >>

> > Maybe because you have selected the "align panel to center", no? :-)
> > In the configuration bar you have three types of alignment, the usual for
> > paragraphs on word processors. At the same time you have two type of delimiter
> > markers on each extreme, one for the minimum and another for the maximum size.
> >

> If you have the Panel Settings open and you click on the clock on Panel,
> then clock will show up in a white shaded box, how do you make that
> white shaded box smaller, It is to long and letting the clock move back
> to center of Panel instead of to the far right.

In fact the clock is being centered within its own box. The problem is
that the box is too large and the clock can only be centered within it.
Note that the box shrinks if you put more stuff in the panel, i.e. it
looks to me like it's following some kind of elasticity model. If so,
what we need is a) a way to optionally right- or left-align the icon
within the box instead of centering it, and b) a way to add empty boxes
with adjustable elasticity.

> I'm running  FC9, KDE, on a  eeePC  7" screen with a resolution of
> 600x800, could that low of a resolution be affecting the size of that
> white shaded box.

I have exactly the same problem on a 1440x900 LCD screen, so do tell us
if you find the solution :-)

poc