livna and f10 alpha?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Aug 20 01:47:23 UTC 2008

I just tried adding the fedora 9 livna repo to my f10 alpha
system and manually edited the $baseversion string to just
be 9 everywhere.

This does indeed allow me to install stuff from livna (note: I
don't expect to find kmod packages that match my f10 kernel,
but other stuff like mplayer installs OK).

Is this as good a way as any to test out a fedora 10 alpha
system which needs some of the livna tools to get any real
testing done? Is there some more official technique I've
never read about?