something is wrong with dhclient update

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 21:58:48 UTC 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 3:10 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 05:38:21AM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> Dear fellow testers,
>>
>> Something is wrong with dhclient from yesterday's updates,
>> hopefully some of todays update fixes it :)
>>

>>                                                           [  OK  ]
>> Shutting down loopback interface:  Error: an inet prefix is
>> expected rather than "0/0".
>> Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "0/0".
>>                                                           [  OK  ]
>> Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
>> Bringing up interface eth0:
>> Determining IP information for eth0...Nothing to flush.
>> /sbin/dhclient-script: line 186: [: '': integer expression expected
>> done.
>
> I get similar error messages, however the client is working--I am able
> to connect despite the messages.

The integer expression problem for line 186 is fixed in
dhcp-4.0.0-23.fc10.  Problem was metric was being set to "''" rather
than an empty string.  I'm not a big fan of shell.

I have not been able to reproduce the inet prefix problem mentioned,
but I'm working on it.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI