Yum and Yumex

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Dec 4 17:04:07 UTC 2008

SV> If by 'revert' you mean 'remove all the crap you installed' sure,
SV> that's very doable and I can start working on it pronto.

Yes, that's what I'm speaking of; hence my comment that it could
probably be done in bash.  I don't doubt that full system
checkpoint/restore would be useful to some, but it's a bit beyond the
scope of some simple yum hacks.

Whenever I've had to get rid of extra installed packages I've just
checked yum.log, but something more automatic might be useful to some.

 - J<