Pidgin Problem

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Dec 4 18:29:35 UTC 2008

Keiran Smith wrote:
> Greg,
>  I have already tried this with no such luck. I have also tried
> re-installing Pidgin and Fedora. I tried Building Pidgin from Source and
> Using the RPM they provide.

Keiran, the etiquette for this and other Fedora lists asks that you not
top-post.

Have you tried running pidgin from a terminal screen with the "-d" flag?
You might capture a message that would point to the problem.

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Greg <spowd at bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/12/2008 8:27 PM, Keiran Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Just the defaults I have disabled the History plugin. And I am using the
>>> newline plugin. Thats it.
>>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:02 AM, greg <spowd at bigpond.com <mailto:
>>> spowd at bigpond.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 06:35 +0000, Keiran Smith wrote:
>>>    >
>>>    >
>>>    > On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Greg <spowd at bigpond.com
>>>    <mailto:spowd at bigpond.com>> wrote:
>>>    >         On 4/12/2008 11:28 AM, Affix wrote:
>>>    >
>>>    >                 Hey,
>>>    >                  If I leave pidgin running for about 20 minutes
>>>    >                 without chatting it unexpectedly closes. It gives no
>>>    >                 error message nor does it give an error when running
>>>    >                 in Terminal. However Pidgin has not done this in any
>>>    >                 other Distros I Have used or Mac OSX86. Does anyone
>>>    >                 have an idea or has onyone experienced this problem.
>>>    >                 It only started ocurring in Fedora 10. It worked
>>>    fine
>>>    >                 in pre-release.
>>>    >
>>>    >
>>>    > Greg yes I have and I seem to get the same problem.

>>>    are you using any plugins in Pidgin?
>>>    Regards Greg
>>>
>> what if you disable the plugin? does that make any difference

-  Tempt not the dragons of fate, since thou art crunchy and taste   -
-                         good with ketchup.                         -