F10: PC clock lacking behind with 20 minutes

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 08:24:27 UTC 2008

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> The PC settings are usually stored in the clock chip. If the battery is run down, then the bios settings would be lost and the system would not boot.
>
> The problem is elsewhere. Perhaps the system is used for dual boot.,

Morning all,
the system is not used for dual boot. I have nothing but Fedora installed.

Since yesterday the result is:
1) set bios time to the correct value
2) booted the system and turned off ntp
3) left the system running for several hours then shut it down
4) turned it on today and the clock drift is less than 5 minutes. Much better
than 20 minutes.

See earlier post on this thread by Michal Jaegermann. He's also seeing similar
problems.

--
Alexander.