yum-complete-transaction question(s)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 02:18:51 UTC 2008

Dear list members,

I have questions regarding yum-complete-transaction:

When updating/applying new updates, I see a message please run yum-complete-transaction, and I get:

[root at riohigh Download]# yum-complete-transaction
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
rawhide                                                  | 2.8 kB     00:00
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B     00:00
There are 1 outstanding transactions to complete. Finishing the most recent one
The remaining transaction had 3 elements left to run
Package startup-notification-devel-0.9-5.fc11.i386 already installed and latestversion
Nothing in the unfinished transaction to cleanup.
Cleaning up completed transaction file
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/yum-complete-transaction", line 208, in <module>
    util = YumCompleteTransaction()
  File "/usr/sbin/yum-complete-transaction", line 115, in __init__
    self.main()
  File "/usr/sbin/yum-complete-transaction", line 189, in main
    self.clean_up_ts_files(timestamp, self.conf.persistdir)
  File "/usr/sbin/yum-complete-transaction", line 123, in clean_up_ts_files
    if os.path.exists(f):
NameError: global name 'os' is not defined

When I do.   In another of my test machines, I get an error that
yum-complete-transaction not found.  If it is not there, how can I install it.

Thanks in Advance,

Antonio