XO: SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 16:25:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:11:29PM -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does 'test /pci/sd' several times work for you as well? I do it til it
> > succeeds about 10 times in a row, then type boot, and then it works
> > fine.  Question is, I'm not sure how/where to report these results, it
> > seems as though this is a definite firmware issue (possibly with a
> > subset of cards) and not any of the cards in question (since the same
> > results now are happening for four people - me, you, John Rose ,and
> > Brian Powell.  Interestingly, John and Brian work fine with 4GB cards,
> > just when they went to 8GB cards they ran into this.  You and I see it
> > with 4GB cards too).
>
> And another update. I reported this to the OLPC folks as
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8987.  After a marathon 5 hour debug
> session with Mitch Bradley, learning more about the Forth debugger
> than I ever wanted to know, we have a fix that will show up in
> firmware Q2E23.

Hmm, I've been eagerly waiting for the q2e23 so that I could continue
with the Fedora work. There is now new firmware listed on

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware

but it is

	q2f01 - 2008-12-11 OLPC Firmware q2f01 First release of refactored EC code

Do you know if it is equivalent to that expected q2e23 and safe to
use?

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat