SElinux on upgraded machines

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Fri Dec 12 11:21:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 02:21 -0800, Mike Cloaked wrote:
> I would like to raise an issue concerning the use of SElinux that has meant
> that my decision to leave SElinux enabled and forcing in F9 and 10 for the
> first time has taken up a significant amount of time to get things working.
> It is very good to have the additional security that SElinux gives but it is
> important to pland and manage the transition from non-SElinux systems to a
> newer setup where the machines are all running with SElinux enabled.

So far I've avoided the issue by turning SELinux off. While I think
SELinux is a great idea for advanced users and servers it seems to make
new user transitions difficult.

I wonder if making SELinux default to "disabled" if the install selects
the Desktop/Office Suite group makes sense? Do many people have their
daily use productivity machines shared out to others?

Anyone know if there's a PDF version of the Wiki SELinux User Guide?

Leam