Plasma Panel and Widgets

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Dec 13 21:37:53 UTC 2008

epate wrote:

> Following a recent rawhide upgrade due to python 2.6 release, my KDE panel
> is empty and won't accept any widgets.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I was given the following advice
by Anne Wilson et al:
Try this.  Right-click on the desktop > Add Widget and add Application
Launcher.  (Application Launcher Menu is the Classic Menu, I think).  That
should give you a second F menu.  If that is complete you can simply remove
the broken one (right-click on it).

BTW, if you've lost your panel you can put that back from the Add Widgets menu
as well.  And if your panel ends up at the top, use Panel Settings > Screen
Edge to drag it to where you want it.
Try this:
* open a Konsole
* paste these 2 lines:
kquitapp plasma ; sleep 2 ; mv -f ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc \
~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc.backup ; plasma &
(or drop the backslash and write it all in one line).