java redisplay problem on intel driver

Richard Körber fedora at ml.shredzone.de
Mon Dec 15 23:35:57 UTC 2008

Hi!

> There is a bad redisplay problem for large (greater than around 1000
> lines) text windows using a TextArea (or a Swing JTextPane).
> I have the feeling it is specific to the Intel driver.

Yes, it's broken the same way here, too, both the AWT and Swing part. It looks
like the ListCellRenderer does not clean up itself properly before drawing a
new line.

I have also tested it with a self-made Java software which I know was working
before. It also shows this issue when scrolling a large JTable, horizontally
and vertically. Everything's fine when the GTK+ Look and Feel is used, though.

It's an Intel Mobile GM965/GL960 and Fedora 10 x86_64 with the latest updates.
Only tested the openjdk packages.

Regards
--
Richard "Shred" Körber