selinux adventures/troubles

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Dec 28 17:16:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 03:03:03PM +0100, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 04:26:13PM -0700, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> > Where I am getting into troubles this shows
> >
> > -rw-------  root root system_u:object_r:admin_home_t:s0 anaconda-ks.cfg
>
> This is correct. As Dan W. already explained, which is what the
> default policy sets and what it expects. You are welcome to modify
> the behaviour either via SELinux module, or maybe semanage fcontext
> would be enough.

Sigh!  Did you bother to read what was said before?  I can modify
until cows come home, and this already failed, but this was not the
real question or questions.

> Could you run
>
> 	ls -dZ /root

Yes, I could, and I did and I already wrote that a label on this
is system_u:object_r:admin_home_t:s0  and yes, /root is really
a directory in all cases.

The real issue is that a "security" which starts to behave in an
incomprehensible manner after a distro upgrade it totally
untrustworthy hence much worse that such thing turned off.  Do not
get hang up on a particular illustration point. I tried to ask if
anybody has to say anything on the true subject and so far nobody
had to offer anything.

   Michal