FF and Adobe

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 10:59:48 UTC 2008

2008/2/2, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:

> I disinstalled Adobe 8.1.1 and re-installed 7.0.9 (I want to test if old
> release crashes when used as a plugin in Firefox).
> Now I get a warning and I can't open Adobe reader inside FF.
>

> Incorrect version of Adobe Reader was found in PATH. Please make sure
> Adobe Reader >= 8.1.1 exists in PATH. If the problem persists, please
> reinstall the application.
>
> I do not want to re-install 8.1.1
> Any idea
>
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

1) Adobe reader when disinstalled doesn't remove all nnpdf.so files in
plugins directory, so when you re-install Adobe 7 you have two
nnpdf.sofiles and of course conflicts. You have to remove plugins from
all folders
by hand
2) same crash with FF and Adobe Reader 7
3) no crash with Galeon and Adobe Reader 8

I suppose that something is wrong in FF...

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag