Rawhide xdvik obsoleted by F8 tetex-xdvi

Matthew Saltzman mjs at exchange.clemson.edu
Sun Feb 3 17:28:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 12:52 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > I'm trying to use texlive packages from Rawhide on an F8 installation.
> >
> > I first installed from jnovy's F8 texlive repo, then updated from
> > Rawhide.  The texlive repo's xdvi package replaces tetex-xdvi, Rawhide's
> > xdvik package replaces jnovy's xdvi, but the tetex-xdvi package in F8
> > updates replaces xdvik.
>
> I think you need to pick one of the three sources to be authoritative and go
> with it.  What you've found is that they are not all consistent (which is fine).

I started with jnovy's repo because it seemed easier to get the initial
update from tetex to texlive done.  But that repo is no longer being
updated, so it's out of the loop.  (Good thing, too--if all three repos
are enabled, yum crashes with an infinite recursion trying to decide
which package is most current!)

>   You can use the yum-versionlock plugin to prevent a specific package from
> being updated, or you can use yum-priorities to just keep one repository higher
> priority than another.  Since you're trying to get texlive from rawhide to work,
> just use what rawhide is providing.

OK I will look at that for a workaround.

> There may be a real dependency issue on the F8 package updating a rawhide
> package.  If you can post the versions maybe someone can look at that.

It seems reasonable that anything in F9 should be more up to date than
anything in F8 (see another post in this thread).

tetex-xdvi-3.0-44.3.fc8
xdvik-22.84.13-10.fc9

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs