f9 alpha kde

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 14:51:25 UTC 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Riku Seppälä wrote:
> Riku Seppälä wrote:
>>
>> Just installed f9 alpha. I deselected gnome and selected kde
>> instead. I got gnome as default desktop.
>> How do I select kde from the login screen? Installed from x86_64 DVD.
>>
> Ah, sorry. Select it when actually loggin in.

There actually does seem to be a bug in F9Alpha where it installs
GNOME regardless of what you requested in the package selection
screen. I mentioned it on the "DVD Minimal" test case here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/9/AlphaTreeTesting
No bug number yet, but I'll reply to this mail once it's been filed.

Glad you got KDE running, though. How's it working so far? I bet the
KDE SIG would love bug reports and such..

-w