f9 alpha kde

Riku Seppälä riku.seppala at kymp.net
Wed Feb 6 15:44:16 UTC 2008

Will Woods wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Riku Seppälä wrote:
>> Riku Seppälä wrote:
>>>
>>> Just installed f9 alpha. I deselected gnome and selected kde
>>> instead. I got gnome as default desktop.
>>> How do I select kde from the login screen? Installed from x86_64 DVD.
>>>
>> Ah, sorry. Select it when actually loggin in.
>
> There actually does seem to be a bug in F9Alpha where it installs
> GNOME regardless of what you requested in the package selection
> screen. I mentioned it on the "DVD Minimal" test case here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/9/AlphaTreeTesting
> No bug number yet, but I'll reply to this mail once it's been filed.
>
> Glad you got KDE running, though. How's it working so far? I bet the
> KDE SIG would love bug reports and such..
>
> -w

Actually I didn't. I wrote the mail too soon, I installed the f9alpha on
my laptop which is on the other room. When I found out how to choose kde
I immediately came here to write the mail.
It loads for awhile, then it just goes back to the login screen like X
restarted? I didn't want to complain too soon again, so I thought I get
the system up2date before writing anything.

Riku