Volume control error.

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:08:48 UTC 2008

Adrin Jalali wrote:
> In sound card detectoin, my sound card is detected and test sound can be
> played. An application like scorched3d can play sound, but no sound can
> be played when I run amarok, it says
> *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to create stream.
> amarokapp: pcm_pulse.c:115: pulse_stop: Assertion `pcm->stream' failed.
<snip>
> I know that the problem is not related to amarok, but how can I fix it ?

This does not appear to be in Bugzilla, please report it there (against
pulseaudio as a place to start).  Thats the first step to fixing it. :)

This looks pretty similar to backtraces I've got of rhythmbox crashing..

Anyway, you should get that into bz, and put the bug number back in here, I'll
see if I get the same thing to happen in amarok since I get similar crashes.

I have not reported the rhythmbox issue in bz yet since those crashes always
happened at the same time other app crashes occurred.