cron not working :(

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 01:37:34 UTC 2008

--- Jonathan Kamens <jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us>
wrote:

> Cronie RPM script bug.  Init script is disabled
> after cronie installed.  Fixed in next release of
> cronie to Rawhide.  In the meantime, run
> '/sbin/chkconfig cronie reset; /sbin/chkconfig
> cronie on; /sbin/service crond start'.
>
>   jik

Thanks,

I tried your suggestions, but something does not look
good

[root at localhost ~]# /sbin/chkconfig cronie reset
error reading information on service cronie: No such
file or directory
[root at localhost ~]# /sbin/ckconfig cronie on
-bash: /sbin/ckconfig: No such file or directory
[root at localhost ~]# chkconfig cronie reset
error reading information on service cronie: No such
file or directory
[root at localhost ~]# chkconfig cronie on
error reading information on service cronie: No such
file or directory
[root at localhost ~]# service crond start
Starting crond:
    [  OK  ]
[root at localhost ~]# service crond status
crond (pid 11351) is running...
[root at localhost ~]# service cronie status
cronie: unrecognized service

I guess, I should wait for the fix :)  Thanks for your
clarification.

Regards,

Antonio