Blinking cursors in gnome-terminal

Jonathan Corbet lwn-ft at lwn.net
Fri Feb 8 16:05:50 UTC 2008

I updated and restarted the Rawhide box last night.  All seems well,
except: I now have a blinking cursor in gnome-terminal windows.  Even
worse, the configuration option to turn that behavior off would appear
to have disappeared.

I'm one of those crochety old folks who just cannot work in a window
that is forever blinking at me.  It's a source of visual noise that I
really do not need.

Was this a deliberate change, or did something simply break?  It's not
that long ago that I weaned myself off of xterm; it would be a shame to
have to go back...

Thanks,

jon