"Restart" and "Shut Down" buttons during login don't work

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 01:14:08 UTC 2008

--- "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   i didn't find this in bugzilla but i can't believe
> someone wouldn't
> have noticed this already -- at the graphical login
> prompt, neither
> the "Restart" nor "Shut Down" buttons actually do
> those things.
>
> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel
> Pedantry:
>     Have classroom, will lecture.
>
> http://crashcourse.ca
> Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Shutdown does work for me :);
Restart I have not tested so I cannot comment on that
one.  Actually Shutdown work(s)(ed) very few times,
but I know that someone is working on it and we will
have to wait.  I guess you also notice that the gdm
theme is not very nice; and that autologin do not work
as well :(, but I guess that will be fixed soon :) we
all hope

Regards,

Antonio