F9alpha and KDE4

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 26 02:25:36 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> mcforum at bellsouth.net wrote:
>> John
>> I'm with you all the way.  They've thrown out the baby with the bath
>> water.  Hope that translates to Australian.  To lose all the
>> functionality even for a time is criminal.  This effort should be fork
>> not a replacement!!!
>>
>> Noticed the age grouping for the folks on
>
> How is the "age grouping" relevant to this conversation?
>
> Rahul

Well, I speculated on the ages of those to whom I thought it the new
appearance would appeal. You might debate whether Rex is in the age
group, but he's certainly far removed from mine. The others are
inarguably in it.

It's widely held that parents deplore their children's taste in music; I
suggest that the same's somewhat true wrt aesthetics. I think it's
important that the themes aren't all targeted at people in their mid-20s
to mid-30s, and that they make allowance for people who don't really
want all that eye candy.

--

Cheers
John