Skype crashes

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:24:25 UTC 2008

2008/1/23, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:
> Antonio M wrote:
> > After last  night updates Skype crashes the X server and user is logged out.
> > So Skype is crashing X server as GoogleEarth did before (now GE works fine..)
> >
> > I am using noveau driver (Nvidia card) and skype-1.4.0.118-fc5.
>
> Can you get any more info about whats going on there?  Try going to runlevel 3,
> startx to login, then run skype and see if useful error text results.  Check for
> kernel messages, xorg log.
>  > startx 2>&1 skypecrash.txt
>
> --
> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
>   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 fingerprint CDEC 6FAD BA27 40DF 707E A2E0 F0F6 E622 C99B 1DF3
> No one now has, and no one will ever again get, the big picture. - Daniel Geer
> ----                                                                       ----
>
> --

Andrew

tnx for help.
Before running in level 3, that I can't do now because I am working on
this machine at the moment, more infos:

Skype starts, the logging windows opens on my desktop, I write user
and passord, then X freezes, and a black window (where two lines
appears with some errors, but it is too fast..) appears, then X is
restarted and I can re-log in..
Before running in level 3, can I have a look somewhere else??
 startx 2>&1 skypecrash.txt can you explain?? not clear what is for??

Tnx again
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag