yum update in rawhide after a long break [was Re: rawhide report: 20080114 changes]

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Jan 24 03:23:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 20:38 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote, On 01/14/2008 06:07 PM:

> I have a propensity to `yum update yum* rpm* cpio gpg` before I update much
> else on the system...
> That bit me this time.

I would think yum is smart enough, in that if you just "yum update" that
it will update in whatever order it needs, to satisfy whatever
dependencies, whether that is yum first, or last.  Wouldn't it know
better when/where to do it?

Not being smart butt or anything, just sort of asking actually in case I
am missing something.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY